PDA – PUMP DISTRIBUTORS ASSOCIATION CODE OF PRACTICE
It is an agreed principle of membership of the Pump Distributors Association that such members shall abide by and observe the provisions of the Constitution of the Association and, as pre- scribed, shall conduct their affairs in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics, by:-
• Establishing with customers and suppliers a mutually satisfactory relationship, by accepting and delivering products or services in the quantity, quality, time, price and procedure as agreed.
• Having a proper responsibility for the interest of the public.
• Employing suitably qualified staff to advise on pump selection and operation.
• Maintaining appropriate stocks, and in no circumstances knowingly supplying inherently unsafe goods or services.
• Accepting and carrying out all relevant warranty obligations.
• Providing a full after sales service and technical back-up facilities commensurate with the kind of product supplied.
• Maintaining the highest level of professional competence.
• Taking account of the legitimate interests of other members and the Association.
Complaints Procedure: If a customer cannot obtain resolution to a problem arising between themselves and a PDA member they can refer their complaint to the Association’s office.
The PDA will attempt to solve the problem using the Association’s Council and officers. If a resolution of the problem cannot then be obtained the PDA will arrange for the appointment of an independent arbitrator whose decision will be binding on all parties.
Display of the PDA logo is the customer’s assurance of technical competence and business integrity.
To download a PDF of our code of practice please click here.